Anyone open their Secret Santa Gifts yet
My package arrived and I am forcing myself to wait.  Very difficult to do.
Well, we celebrated last night due to my wife and daughter working the next couple of days. 

I'll keep my Secret Santa anonymous, but apparently I need to send him some Ben-gay because he hit this one out of the park!
The Blue Spruce fishtail chisel is a work of art. The long handled scorp is extremely comfortable to hold, with a nice heft to it and will make working the insides of buckets and barrels a joy. I don't know if you made that or where you found it, but it will definitely be put to work. The antique two handled scorp is big and heavy and fits my hands perfectly. And to top it off, two French stamps were included with a drawing of a cooper and barrel. The translation is, roughly,  "A barrel maker and his tools."

I must say, I am in awe. The chisel alone makes a fantastic gift. Include the scorps and the stamps and it adds up to me being extremely grateful.  Thank you for your thoughtfulness and generosity.
Ken

[Image: IMG_1430_zpsec5qvu4c.jpg] 
[Image: IMG_1432_zps8kl4ylhj.jpg]
Just the stamp is pretty neat!!!!

Tomorrow and Monday we should have a lot of pictures.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Mine arrived today.  I think I can be good for one day...
Wow! Santa sure knows how to surprise a guy. I was a good boy and put the unopened box under the tree when it arrived last week.

This morning, I excitedly opened the box and found a note that said "Hi Bob, Merry Christmas from Santa and his Elves. I hope this will broaden your collection a bit. Merry Christmas! WN SS". With the note, was this awesome IXION two-speed breast drill. This thing is a real beast, with an enclosed gear box, weighing in at an even 6 pounds.

This drill fits in nicely with my set of users, which are (L to R) Millers Falls No. 120 breast drill, Goodell-Pratt breast drill with leather chest strap, the new IXION, a Millers Falls No. 980 two-speed, a Millers Falls No. 2, and a Craftsman-labeled Millers Falls No. 5.

THANK YOU Secret Santa!

[Image: 31751602241_b60691dd9c_c.jpg]

[Image: 31751602081_e68e0c5bbb_c.jpg]

[Image: 31751601861_36da8e5f59_c.jpg]

[Image: 31751601481_f338638945_c.jpg]

[Image: 31751602451_4083f6e28d_c.jpg]
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
I posted a write up about a 4-H class at my shop and within that was my first encounter with a ryoba saw. Apparently my SS seen this post.

Note the instructions that were included.

Thank you to this thoughtful Texan.

Bill

[Image: 31870881565_dc651f6bfe_c.jpg]PC250012 by edn732, on Flickr
My secret Santa hit it out of the park.

Leather tools roll, a knitted tool roll, a LV spoke shave kit, a small chisel blade, and brass ferrule, and two 2 blocks of wood, Ebony and I am not sure what the other is.

Thanks Secret Santa.
[Image: secretsanta.jpg]
(12-25-2016, 11:55 AM)enjuneer Wrote: [Image: 31751602241_b60691dd9c_c.jpg]

The IXION is the best German breast drill that I know. It has lifetime quality for sure. 

Klaus
Mine came all the way from Alaska, and oh wow!  Jonathan S, I'm floored! 

[Image: WoodNet%20Secret%20Santa%202016_zpsttk5pq8k.jpg]

The flat-rate box was chock full of goodies.  A nearly complete set of Irwin auger bits (I actually have one or two of the missing ones already, and this set fills out several that I was missing!), some tools to re-handle, a couple card scrapers, calipers, a carving book, a hunk of ebony, and a handsaw kit!  That's going to be a lot of fun!  

Thanks SO much!
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
(12-25-2016, 04:48 PM)Scoony Wrote: My secret Santa hit it out of the park.

Leather tools roll, a knitted tool roll, a LV spoke shave kit, a small chisel blade, and brass ferrule, and two 2 blocks of wood, Ebony and I am not sure what the other is.

Thanks Secret Santa.
[Image: secretsanta.jpg]

Seems that the Veritas spokeshave kit and the ebony blank are going well together. Great SS you had!

Klaus