walking stick hardware
Here's another question. How did you guys hold you work on the lathe? And did you drill on the lathe if so how ?

I was going to turn using live and dead centers but I won't be able to drill using this method. I have have a chuck . In the past I've turn shorter spindle type turnings and used the chuck and drilled with no problem. These longer blanks have me stumped.
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"
I held one end in my chuck using pin jaws,centered it with the tail stock live center.Set up my steady rest and drilled using my jacobs chuck.My lathe at the time had a long bed.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I started the hole for the hardware to give myself a centering hole then turned the pieces between centers, then plumbed the pieces and used a hand drill with the little leveling dot on the back to finish the holes. It worked well enough.
Thanks for all the tips , I picked up hardware from LV  , both the tip and joining system . Everything worked out great , your tips helped make this go smooth .  I did use a steady rest since each half was around 30" long  , that worked awesome .  The fella I made it for was thrilled  , its a Christmas gift for his wife .

Attached Files Image(s)

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"
Very well done sir,you did a great job.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member