I'm done - Hammer C3-41
1800 pounds.  Nice machine, but ouch in the moving it department.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

That is my big learning curve having never used a shaper.  Here you can see the  two shaper attachments I have.

Thanks for all the encouragement.  Any suggestions on a book covering shaper use?

Dan

[Image: IMG_3170_zpsk3oaeim0.jpg]
the shaper book by lonnie bird

shaper handbook  by Roger Cliffe 

I prefer the second one over the first but both have good information 

One more thing: you may be done for now but i would encourage you to start looking for a power feeder at least 1 hp 3 wheel. 

I know lots do without them but when you get into moldings more you will appreciate the ability and versatility that a PF brings....

the fence standing up looks to be the cope sled attachment to the slider along with the hold down sitting in front of it you are going to like that a lot it eliminates the use of a sled for cope and crosscuts operations

the other fence looks similar to the Felder but I cannot see the back so no idea how the adjustment system works.

Two cautions: first is shapers are capable of forward and reverse rotation. Pay close attention to the cutter directions when doing setups the knives should always spin into the work just like a router table .

This is especially important for raised panel knives with big diameters and whether they cut from the top or from the bottom unlike a router RP knife I prefer top cutters over bottom cutters ( the tongue is consistent even if the panel is not) Your tooling determines how that setup and rotation is determined.

Second: That spindle is capable of tilting which opens up more options for profiling but until you are far more comfortable with the use of a shaper I would suggest you let that operation be until later.

It is not dangerous exactly it is just that setups require more thought for safety

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Great machine Joe! Enjoy!!
Dang a complete wood shop all in one stop and one spot in the shop.I have individual machines that take up so much space,a setup like yours sure would be nice.Congrats on your purchase, I do have alittle experience using a shaper my advice would be watch some Youtubes and pay attention to grain and avoid knotholes when possible.Fantastic machine-----Carroll
Alan it is Dan's machine not mine. 

there is little chance I am changing machinery now
Wink

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Oops!