Tiny house
I like the exterior look of these houses. 54sqft/unit. 3 or 4 units and some design work might work for some. Expensive.

http://www.wikkelhouse.com/
Economics is much harder when you use real money.
(12-15-2016, 10:47 PM)GHR Wrote: I like the exterior look of these houses. 54sqft/unit. 3 or 4 units and some design work might work for some. Expensive.

http://www.wikkelhouse.com/

They  do look nice, but they are made from cardboard!
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
A friend of ours who is a bit of hippie type went nuts over tiny houses a few years ago.

45 minutes south of us is a group that teaches people to build them. A person wants one, and this school has classes people pay for and over the course of 2 or 3 weeks they get most of a towable tiny house built. The hippie friend talked her 16 year old daughter into doing it, had a dream about squatting on someone's property with it and livingnfree. The girl was a day dreaming 16 year old, not someone who should be building themselves a house.

They dragged it home and it sat unfinished for two years, and finally sold it for about $30k. It was still mostly a shell of a building with most electrical and plumbing roughed in but not finished.

That same school has maybe 20 acres of woods and several people had put their tiny houses on lots on the acreage. I'm not sure the town is aware there are a half dozen houses back there. One I looked at the guy had used lots of reclaimed and upcycled materials, which I think was the original point of tiny houses: live with just the necessities and have a minimal footprint on the world. The view was Motor homes are plastic, tiny houses are wood and natural materials. Motor homes are gas guzzling monsters that burn natural resources and pollute while tiny homes once set in place stay there for a few years and don't have an impact on the world, Motor homes are bought in addition to your regular house, while the tiny house is your only house. I'm not knocking motor homes, just pointing out the philosophical difference.

My wife and I joke about getting a tiny house. One for her, one for me, and one in the middle connected by habitrail like tubes for when we want to see each other.

Anyway, I never really understood the whole thing myself.

Mike