Poking Around
I have a short section of flexible dust collection hose that I move from one machine to another using Fazlok connectors. They work well but the end of the reinforcement wire occasionally catches my hand. I have filed the sharp tip off the wire but it still draws a little blood now and again. I have taped it, wrapped it in heat shrink but mostly try to be careful.

Today I tried something different. A 22-18 AWG Nylon Insulated Solderless Butt Splice Connector. Here's a link to a picture of this little device.

https://us.straightparts.com/doc01.php?i...wAodSrAJow

I crimped it on the end and it completely covers the wire.

A simple solution that looks like it will work.

Bill
these would work as well 

closed end connector 

[Image: xclosed-end-connector.jpg.pagespeed.ic.DQDqm1z0kN.jpg]
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

You can get either locally. Car and trailer parts places, Hardware, and electrical areas. They are relatively cheap, come on blister cards with several pieces each. I like the ones Joe posted, you can crimp them on, for the tubes they do best heated on, and on DC tubing it might burn it up.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Well here ya go. My very first post on WoodNet! I'm a cyclist, so the first thing that came to mind to me for this little nuisance would be a crimp-on cable end caps used at the ends of brake or derailleur cables for bicycles (or motorcycles, etc.). They're anodized aluminum, available at your LBS (Local Bike Shop) for basically nothing (maybe free), or in your own basement if you fix your own bikes - or your kid's own, bikes. You can get them in color even! Compact and elegant.
http://www.purelycustom.com/product-cate...nd-crimps/
Take your needle nose and bend the end into a circle.
Welcome to WoodNet Tom and hope to see you around more.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Like Arlin said...welcome to Woodnet Tom, always good to see new faces!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
+1 to Arlin & Fred's welcome.  

Create a post with "Newbie" in the subject and tell us a little about yourself.  

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!