Soak tanks for plane and tool cleanup
Go to Home Depot or Lowe's or your nearest large garden center. They all have long planter boxes. Make sure you get the one that doesn't have a hole drilled in the bottom, some do. The one I found at Lowe's was 30"L x 8"w x 8"h. Perfect for every size plane.

A tip, if you don't mind. Buy some cheap marbles and put them in the bottom of the planter. They keep the plane up off the bottom so the vinegar or Evaporust can work there well, too. It also takes up some of extra space (displacement, if you will) so that you don't have to use tons of the liquids.

I've cleaned hundreds, if not over a thousand planes and vintage tools, and I preferred Evaporust to vinegar. One gallon of the stuff will clean dozens of planes without losing efficacy. Even when it looks too dirty to be good, it still works. Every once in a long while, I'd filter it, but it definitely isn't necessary. That's my preference over vinegar, electrolysis, and citric acid. Citric acid with hot water and a little scrubbing is my 2nd favorite 'bath' method.

Since receiving a media blaster a few years ago, I don't use the Evaporust much anymore, but occasionally it'll still get a project.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Is there a box that is about 33" x 6" x 1/2" in dimensions? I think that a large box is just a waste vinegar or Evaporust seeing how all that excess space is not needed for the soaking of a saw blade. (Yea, I know this thread is about a plane soaking box, yet I want to soak a saw blade.)
Build one to fit out of plywood. Wax the insides heavily before assembling the box.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020