Adjusting PM66 splitter
I have a mid 80s PM66 and an aftermarket splitter. I need to nudge the splitter laterally just a touch. It rests against a large hex nut, which rests against another nut that looks like it needs a special spanner to adjust. User manual doesn't say anything.

Anyone know how this is done? I don't want to bugger up my saw.

Thanks!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I do not know how 

but if I were doing it and the nuts were not adjustable presently I would remove the outer nut, pull the splitter and attempt to move the inner nut   If nothing moves once you have it apart I would look for shims  I could remove or add as the case may be.

I really do not think you can actually screw up your saw although you could make yourself more work to make it right. Just pay attention to what you are doing

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

It is a large stud with a locking ring that positions the stud. The head of the stud is the mounting surface for the splitter.
To move the splitter in either direction, you have to first loosen that locking ring. Then adjust the stud as needed. Then reseat the locking ring.
You don't really need a spanner wrench. Just use a large flat tip screw driver and stick it into the slots around the ring. Tap it with a mallet a bit.
Use some penetrating fluid to start with. None of these items need to be highly torqued. Just snugged up.
Lee
(12-11-2016, 03:21 PM)Stytooner Wrote: It is a large stud with a locking ring that positions the stud. The head of the stud is the mounting surface for the splitter.
To move the splitter in either direction, you have to first loosen that locking ring. Then adjust the stud as needed. Then reseat the locking ring.
You don't really need a spanner wrench. Just use a large flat tip screw driver and stick it into the slots around the ring. Tap it with a mallet a bit.
Use some penetrating fluid to start with. None of these items need to be highly torqued. Just snugged up.

This is correct. 

I adjusted it a bit that way, and I found using a flat washer between the 2nd nut and splitter itself allows you to fine tune it without having to mess with the locking nut on the left. Works well for me.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Thanks, Lee! Done, and easy.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site