Oneway Talon Chuck key and Wood Screw Source?
$46.95 for the key seems to be the only price I can find.

Does anyone here have a source that's less expensive?  

Yeah....I lost mine.  
Uhoh   
Smirk
Arnie
(12-11-2016, 02:24 PM)MountainWood Wrote: $46.95 for the key seems to be the only price I can find.

Does anyone here have a source that's less expensive?  

Yeah....I lost mine.  
Uhoh   
Smirk

That looks to be the Oneway direct price that everyone else is using, too.

Other than waiting for a percent-off sale for Oneway products, your best bet might be to buy another Talon chuck without jaws.
Craft Supply has them for $167.50 including choice of spindle adapter insert. Thia assumes, of course, that you have already needed and bought at least one extra set of jaws for your Talon.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Instead of the screw try a face plate. A little cheaper.

If you want to use the screw invest the money so it fits right and nothing goes flying.
Don
There must be some turners in your area or turners club that have a couple of Talon chucks, and so have extra chuck keys, so that they might be willing to sell one, but yes another chuck is nice to have ;-))
Have fun and take care
I might have an extra wood screw for the talon. Will look tonight.
Lee Valley has the wood screw,not sure about the key.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Lee Valley does not carrie the Chuck key, and don’t have the wood screw in Stock, they have to order them.

Oneway have both of course, and the price is nearly identical(49C difference)

Key $46.95

Screw 1.5” $21.95, RH or LH thread

2” Screw $26.95, RH or LH thread
Have fun and take care
I offered up a brand new talon wood screw for $15.
I have an extra chuck key fora Oneway Stronghold chuck, if this is the same size as the Talon I will send it to you for the cost pf postage. This should fit in a bubble envelope and cost less than $10 (I hope).

I sent a PM with no response, reply with particulars and I will drop this in the mail.

Richard
Richard D. Wile
Nova Scotia - Canada.

http://richard-wile.blogspot.com/
Not the same key. Could be made into a talon key with a little metal turning. The tip would have to be shortened and turned down a little in diameter but the rest should be the same.