Installing TV in Stucco (Picture)
My fastener choice would be a 1/4"-20 Hillman Strap-Toggle. Usually available at Ace or the big box stores.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
I have metal lath plaster walls.  Stud finders do not work on these surfaces (and WiFi is killed too).

If I need to find a stud I take a piece of wire and bend it into 10" x 2" x 10" u-form.  I drill a hole in the wall and feed one of the legs into the wall, then I start to turn it towards horizontal.  When it hits a stud I mark the outside leg position (which give me the location of the stud).  If the builder used 14" on center, finding one stud will reveal the rest.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
The TV is only 16pounds. With the right fasteners drywall would hold that little weight.
Some lag bolts into the ply and you'll be fine. Don't overthink it.
(12-12-2016, 06:50 PM)Woodenfish Wrote: My fastener choice would be a 1/4"-20 Hillman Strap-Toggle. Usually available at Ace or the big box stores.

Agreed.    With the strap toggle behind the plywood along with the 1/4-20 bolt you will pull down the wall before it ever thinks about coming out.   Very easy to install.   Roly
(12-13-2016, 09:04 AM)Cooler Wrote: I have metal lath plaster walls.  Stud finders do not work on these surfaces (and WiFi is killed too).

If I need to find a stud I take a piece of wire and bend it into 10" x 2" x 10" u-form.  I drill a hole in the wall and feed one of the legs into the wall, then I start to turn it towards horizontal.  When it hits a stud I mark the outside leg position (which give me the location of the stud).  If the builder used 14" on center, finding one stud will reveal the rest.

Great idea. I'll give ya a 10 on that.
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-13-2016, 10:16 AM)Woodjets Wrote: The TV is only 16pounds. With the right fasteners drywall would hold that little weight.
Some lag bolts into the ply and you'll be fine. Don't overthink it.

[Image: 13-26_lcd_monitor.14215024_std.jpg]

If you are mounting a bracket like this the leverage grows significantly.  So 16 pounds could easily amount to 60 or 80 pounds on the upper bolts.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Right. The mount that you show in your picture is what I have. I ended up using 5 lag bolts. Very easy.

Thanks to all.

Merry Christmas !!!