General 80-075 six inch jointer knives
I got a jointer!  I had been looking for a long time and made several deals on the phone or text and somehow it always fell through. Today I bought a General 80-075 with the table extensions. Open stand but still heavier then I thought. A far cry from my Shopsmith 4 inch jointer for sure...

Any idea where to get knives? I have looked for a bit and even the General site doesn't list a price that I can tell. Or would aftermarket ones work.

This is my first "real" jointer so I am pretty stoked.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
measure one of your existing knives and match them here

Brian's knives are the best I have used and you get 10% off as a WN member 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Thanks! You have answered a couple questions of mine lately...thanks
glad to help
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

As mentioned, best bet is to measure them.  I have a feeling they might be the same as the Delta 37-1-95 which is an odd size at 6" x 16.5mm x 2.7mm.
I just had a friend help me get the thing out of the van so I'll be checking them out soon. They aren't horrible  but do need some attention .
Here is a pic hopefully . ..

Attached Files Image(s)

Ok. ..no clue why the pic is cut off. ? I can never post pics anymore. This happened when I tried to post my TS.
you may have posted a pic bigger than the site will allow now. 

Next time in the image posting optional boxes  add 400 in the first box the 600 in the second  That should resize them so they can be handled

Let's try again.

Attached Files Image(s)