Jet Fence Upgrade
Looking to upgrade my fence on my Jet JWTS-10 table saw. I am happy with the xact2 fence but wanting to increase my capacity to more then my limit of 33 inches. I have looked and a couple different options but wanted some  feedback on what you guys like for fence options. I have looked at the incra table saw fence but it cost considerably more the the other I have seen. Thoughts on a good setup?
If your happy with the fence why not just buy/make longer rails? Surely that would be significantly cheaper.
-Marc

http://www.mulecab.com/tablesaw.html
I have the 50 in fence and love love love it.
If it's a left tilt saw, just slide the front rail tube over to the right to gain some capacity.

[Image: original%201_zpsatdhilia.jpg]
Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

(12-12-2016, 07:51 PM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: If your happy with the fence why not just buy/make longer rails? Surely that would be significantly cheaper.

What he said.
A length of 2 x 3 tubing, from a steel supply yard, would do the trick.
If you used 3/16" wall as I did, to increase the length by 2' or less, I don't think you would need a longer rail (angle iron)
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Agreed the fence can easily be moved, but if you are looking that is an ok fence. A Vega is much better Best of both worlds, is replace your shortie with a 50 to the right, but keep the shortie in case some day you don't have the space for the big boy. They do need a bigger footprint, and some folks really don't use the length.

If you live in SW Ohio, PM me before you buy
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
+1 to what has been mentioned. My uni came with a 30" system. I wanted a larger capacity but didn't have the room for a 52" system. So I bought a 36" system, ( back when Beisemeyer was their own company ) and slid the rail over 6" to the right so I could make my 42" kitchen cabinets. Never changed it back, and my 30" and 52" systems are still leaning against the wall, just in case.
Smile
BontzSawWorks.net