I need some good advise please
Hey Arlin,

This is a case where I would NOT over think it.  There are so many confusing and technical things about dust collection.  Trying to understand it all will drive you crazy in my opinion.  Basically, Get the biggest one you can find that you feel comfortable moving around, and fits in your budget, and get after it.  They will most likely all work to keep dust off the floor.  To be "Safe" for your lungs, you have to do much more than a simple DC like what your asking about.
back before I got my cyclone, the biggest upgrade I did to my dc was to get a metal trash can and simply ran the dc hose in one fitting on one side of the lid and out another on the other side of the lid.  I had weatherstripping tape and clamps on the lid of the metal trash can to keep the vacuum from being lost.  There are various upgrades from that, like the dust deputy shown in a previous post, but my simple scheme worked really well to get the big stuff out of the air.
(12-15-2016, 02:39 PM)hairy Wrote: Here's my rig. It does a good job. I only have 1 hose, I move it to where I need it. The Dust Deputy makes it easy to empty the barrel and keeps the filter clean. 

[Image: after%20sdd_zps8trke36f.jpg]

Hairy

I have the same set up as you do with the same Dust Deputy on top of a 55 gallon square trash can that has wheels made into it for trash and I fixed it up so there is no air leaks so all I have to do is remove the lid and wheel it out to the ravine and dump it out.  It takes about 90+% of the chips out of the other bag and I am very happy I did it.

So now I am pretty sure I will get this DC from Grizzly

http://www.grizzly.com/products/3HP-Doub...rizzly.com

All I have to do is save a few hundred more to get that one and I am pretty sure that will handle everything.

One question tho.

With the Dust Deputy it takes a 6" on the side and 4" on the top unless it is the other way around, but at that point should I put a Y on top of it instead of just a 4" outlet?

Thanks guys
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
It's the other way around. The intake is 5", I have mine reduced to accept a 4" hose. The output is 6".

I don't see a reason to put a Y on the outlet, the output of the cyclone goes to the intake of the DC. Maybe a Y on the inlet to make a system with gates, but in my opinion, you need a more powerful machine to go that route.
Not cheap, but small footprint, and best buy type tool:

http://www.oneida-air.com/inventoryD.asp...E9AEFDCC1C}

robo hippy
It came up saying "Page not found"

If it is anything big I will just wait until I get the building for all of us.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Smile 
Try this one Arlin, then you get to see all of the systems

http://www.oneida-air.com/
Have fun and take care
Leo and Arlin, that is the one I tried to post the link to. They are not cheap, but the quality is the best. I have a 3 hp central system. 

robo hippy
Like I said, Those are to much $$ for my shop and will wait until I get the building after the non profit is done.