hanging evergreen around door
Girlfriend wants me to hang some fake Evergreen lights around her door. It is sided in Concrete board so not easily drilled and neither she nor I are big on adding holes. 

I tried some of the 3M hooks with the removable adhesive and they don't support the weight or won't stick. I cleaned the surfaces and heated them with a hair dryer but the next morning they were all laying on the ground.

Any ideas short of drilling and mounting hooks, or a good way to mount hooks that won't be ugly the other 11 months of the year?
Make a frame to hold the lights and lean the frame back against the door frame?
More of the 3M hooks ?

I am sort of surprised they are not holding that stuff is pretty tenacious IMO

If the door has brick mold can you drive small brads in the edge of the BM? I know it is holes but they can be removed and re used for years  

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

2P-10 the hangers to the wall. Use thick, or Gel type.  Apply gel to hanger, spray activator on wall, Push. Hang evergreen.  Drink eggnog.
-who?
If she just wants it around her door, I would try to see if I could put a nail in the crack between the siding and the door trim.

I'd probably get a few 16d finish nails. Something long and slender. Don't have to drive it in very far.

Of course, if your GF is like LOML, she's being overly vague about just "around the door".
Why not staple it. Do not have to use too many and the holes are minimal if at all seen when you take them out. Unless the door frame is not wood, this would be my choice.
John T.
if the door is like mine it has brickmold. I'd put nails or such in the sides of the brick mold. you will never see the holes
I would suggest drilling small holes and use only brass hooks.  They will be bright at first, but age gracefully and won't turn to a pile of rust in a few years.