Free Delta 31-250 drum sander
You heard me. I bought this used when I found a like new Powermatic planer for sale off a fellow Woodnetter about 6 years ago. Got it for maybe $150 bucks. It has never been parallel, and after futzing with it for a week recently, I have decided that there is likely someone out there who can use it more than I do and who is more mechanically inclined. 

You need to pick it up in Westfield NJ. Depending on how much beer you offer, I'll throw in a bunch of rolls of new sandpaper. Roller stand not included. I might get another sander.
Jason
Mesurei, cutti, cursi

I have one of those.  At one time the chain has slipped on one of the the corners.  That is why it isn't parallel.  You can probably take the chain off and then screw all four posts all the way down and then put the chain back on to fix it.
I'll take that drum sander off your hands. I'm not that far away, maybe 30 miles.
I think your PM is turned off.
Thanks
Jack
If for some unforeseen reason Jpop's offer doesn't pan out, please let me know. I am pretty close as well

Thanks
bnwelch
I will jump in on this offer, if either of these other fall through.

Thank you!
You are going to make one of those gents very happy.   I've had that model DS for about 6 or 7 years now and it is a very good machine as long as you are gentle with it.  I suspect the other poster who said the chain jumped a sprocket is correct about why the bed/head aren't parallel.  That's an easy fix as long as the plastic sprockets aren't missing a tooth or two.  If that turns out to be the case, it can be repaired with a bit of work using third party metal sprockets, because you won't find replacements from Delta.  A guy on SMC posted how he repaired his and I printed out a hard copy just in case mine ever needs to be fixed.  If that turns out to be the case on this machine, I can send the new owner a scanned copy of those instructions if you can't find it on SMC. 

John
i believe you can unbolt the infeed open end also and it will free wheel so that you can parallel it.
My Day Job
well, bye.
OK, I'm gonna the screw it all the way down fix. If that doesn't work, JPOP get's first dibs...

Sorry to flip flop. I'll try today/tomorrow...

Jason
Jason
Mesurei, cutti, cursi

Another approach is to loosen or remove the cogged belt enough to independently turn the jack screws.  Measure up from the base to the bottom of the bed.  Rotate which ever jack screws are different, until they are all the same distance above the base, then put the cogged belt back on.  Now follow the directions in the manual for final alignment. 

John
sorry guys. I've managed to lock myself out of my old account. Working on getting anyone in support to help...

Jason