Customer Service for General Tools
That doesn't sound good .. if the spring is on order, they would know when it was showing up ..
Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

I have this jointer, and I can't recommend enough that if you have the funds, buy a Byrd shelix xutter head. I am the least mechanically inclined person on this forum, and I was able to change it out. Never replace knives again...
Jason
Mesurei, cutti, cursi

(12-21-2016, 02:46 PM)measurecutcurse Wrote: I have this jointer, and I can't recommend enough that if you have the funds, buy a Byrd shelix xutter head. I am the least mechanically inclined person on this forum, and I was able to change it out. Never replace knives again...

I appreciate the advice...but the $ is a bit restrictive right now.  Did yours come with a knife setting jig?  I have a magna set that I have never used but tthis one came with a funky jig I have not seen before. The PO said it was for setting the knives. Did you buy yours new?
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
(12-17-2016, 12:08 AM)Scott W Wrote: so i figured I'd give it a wirl...I tried it and to my supprise I have tension. It does appear to be missing a rivet but I can't see why it would matter. 

I flipped tools for a lot of years, and every time I heard the pork chop is broken I would just smile and say, ahhhh that's too bad. You know I won't be able to pay your asking price. What do you say to...................................... I'd always knock off 200 bux.

It was always an untensioned spring. I looked at that as my profit margin on a jointer
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Oh BTW, in case you need to reach them, I have always used +1 514-326-1161
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW