Blade to cut Corian
Son in law has some Corian he needs cut. Would I be OK using an 80 tooth Freud Lam/plywood blade? Can't see spending $100 for their solid surface blade for this one job.

Thanks
Dave
May get ruined or at least need a sharpening after wards depending how much you need to cut. I am assuming it is carbide. Canyou try it on a test/sample piece?
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

My understanding is any carbide tip blade would be fine, that's what I have used, but only minimal experience.   
Ray
I used a 100 tooth  Maples b/c that's what I had. Chip free cuts. I bet there is a better choice  but I was satisfied.  This was a free scrap I used for a zero clearance insert.

Attached Files Image(s)

"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Dave  I,ve cut a few
A triple tooth grind blade 60 tooth 
The Tips Are rounded are you using skill saw
 a face shield and dust mask are a good idea 
PITA
south vietnam war collage
Good suggestion, TCG would be my choice.  You can use your 80T laminate blade but it's probably a Hi ATB which cut clean on veneered plywood and melamine but dull faster.  I don't think you have to worry about corian chipping so I would try another blade before wearing out your nice 80T blade.
Dave, you have PMs turned off, not sure if that is intentional or not. (toggle in user CP)

Just wanted to say hi.

Mike
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
Hi Dave

I use my 50 some tooth carbide blade to cut up what I get.  I have a friend who finds some once in a while and if I cut it up he will give me some.  So far my blade is still in good shape for even cutting hard and soft woods.

A few things to think about tho is not to use a thin  kerf blade since I would think a thicker blade is more stable cutting it.

Also I used masking tape both top and bottom so there would be no chip out and it helps lube the blade cutting to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Be aware that makes a mess - corian dust all over so wear proper PPE. Stinks too.
+1 on the stank.

I used a thin kerf with no problems fwiw.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11