Vari-Grind 2 instructions
Just got the Wolverine setup and got the Vari-Grind 2 while I was at it. The box (for the Vari-grind) came with the same DVD as the base kit and even though it SAYS it has video for the Vari-grind 2 on it, it does not. There was a one page sheet in the box with a "new way to index the tool" but nothing else. No manual no nothing. Looked on their site and they SELL the vari-grind 2 but that is the ONLY mention of it, no manuals, no video's nothing. Anyone have a link to the manual or a quality video (the one way youtube videos are horrible) on how to use this thing? 

Thanks

Mark
Didn't watch this but might help

https://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/p/93/...-Piece-Set
You know I had the chance to use that and I just did not care using it.  I really like the first one much much better and for getting a longer grind on the sides I can just put a block in front of the V before the Varigrind itself and I never have to change the length of the long part at all ever except when I use the skew attachment.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I got the Wolverine setup specifically for the Vari grind 1 and find that I can get a better edge freehand ing the 40/40 grind. Doug Thompson makes it look so easy. Doug uses the Vari grind 1 but the principles are the same between both.
Don
Great that you all like the vari grind 1 better, but I have a vari grind 2 so not helping much are we?
Smile

Wipedout - that was just a marketing video so no help re: how to set up the tool, but thanks MUCH for the effort.

I have sent an inquiry to Oneway and we will see if they answer. I did find a video on Youtube from Oneway - very poor quality and not real helpful. I guess I could just use some trial and error but my new turning tools may regret that. 
Upset
Try visiting Doug Thompson's sharpening page

Download and print the pdf file on that page. Then watch his video on sharpening.

Doug's web host was more than fast enough for his sales, but it is a little slow for streaming video.  Please understand that I am not knocking Doug at all. Putting up videos raises his cost of doing business. He is being very generous with his time and resources.

The varigrind 1 and 2 both set up pretty much the same as far as I can remember. I have both versions. I got the v2 after I was having trouble slipping off the edge of the wheel and nicking the edge when it hit the corner of the wheel. After more practice, I went back to the v1. The v2 does a good job of preventing skating, but it really concentrates the wear in the center of the wheel and I was needing to true the wheel more often. I expect that I will pass the v2 along to the niece once I get her a starter lathe and a grinder with CBN wheels.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
You could call Oneway.  I'll bet they have the manual in pdf and can email it to you.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Contact Oneway, but I suspect that the Youtube video IS the one you'll receive.  It starts with, "This is the instructional video for the Vari grind 2"
I did get an email back from Oneway with a link to the Vari-grind 2 video - in all its glorious 360 SD resolution. But no document - apparently they have had this product for years with no instructions.

Thanks for the link to Doug Thompson's page - VERY good video (oneway should hire him to do their instructional videos). Just got my set of tools from harbor freight - will use those to learn on before I start upgrading. Just disappointed that a tool that is obviously very well made has such little support from the vendor.