Strangers In My Shop
Mike

I have no advise
Mad

My wife and BIL use my tools and leave them outside in the rain or snow so at least yours stays indoors.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-19-2016, 12:22 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Mike

I have no advise
Mad

My wife and BIL use my tools and leave them outside in the rain or snow so at least yours stays indoors.

For the love of humanity- "Tool Lovers Anonymous" can send a neutral party and help intervene!  
Laugh
(12-19-2016, 11:25 AM)AHill Wrote: Drives me NUTS when I can't find a tool.  I too, have a place for everything.  Not just the shop, but the kitchen, bathroom, etc.  I got married last year.  SWMBO's a bit on the ADD side.  She'll borrow stuff, then just leaves it anywhere.  She knows it's "somewhere in the house" but doesn't seem to have the sense of urgency that "somewhere in the house" still means it's not available for use.  Shoot, she can't even find her cell phone half the time. I love her dearly, but some days I have to take a break and chill out.

I have hidden, in a box, somewhere in the house, my own nail clippers, scissors, tape, small tools, first aide stuff, and a bunch of items stashed. I got tired of looking all over for something that has it's place but is no place.
   It keeps the peace.  
Smirk

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

and again

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

I just love my wife and can not even think about being without her to.
Yes

To get my point across I used to take dishes, silverware, pots & pans and anything else and left them all over the house which is NOT me.  She asked me "What's going on"  I told her it was the same as her leaving my tools everywhere and not put back in its place or even in the garage.  Well now it makes it in the garage but I still have to work on my BIL.
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Remember that old movie where the women had a perfect husband?
  Someone asked her for advice. She led them to a book- "How to Train your Dog".

Wonder if that would work on wives?
Laugh
Nope and would not even try.

Women are to smart for that and like the old saying says "A dog is a mans best friend" and that is for a reason

(12-19-2016, 09:59 AM)rfd8w5 Wrote: The worst is when you wander around looking for the tape measure that you are holding in your hand.....

Ahhhhhh shoot. I was hoping nobody saw that
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(12-19-2016, 03:26 PM)daddo Wrote: Remember that old movie where the women had a perfect husband?
  Someone asked her for advice. She led them to a book- "How to Train your Dog".

Wonder if that would work on wives?
Laugh

Men are like dogs.  Women are like cats.  You can't train a cat.  Everyone knows that. 
Yes  You just gotta deal with it.  We had a marriage seminar at our church several years ago.  The theme was "Cat and Dog Theology".  It's uncanny how accurate his observations were.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I often wish in this day of micro technology that someone would with a mini "Clapper" to put on my glasses, tools, etc. But then the cacophony would be horrendous when I loose something.

(12-18-2016, 10:50 PM)TomFromStLouis Wrote: I think we all have problems setting a tool down there and then looking for it over here, but this "strangers in the shop" idea I do not understand at all. Who lets others use their sanctuary without supervision?

I do. My neighbor to my West has free range of my shop but he mostly comes over when I am home because he wants to make sure he is using everything correctly, and he is pretty scared of 220V tools, especially ones on 30 and 40 Amp circuits.  
Laugh

I have a key to my friend's shop over in Wisconsin (I helped him build it and I helped him build his house) so letting me use his shop is the least he can do, and trust me, he has run the calculations. 
Laugh   I only need his shop for car work because he has everything needed and his shop is heated. Kind of important in the winter around here.  He has all the same tools I do so no need for woodworking time in his shop.