the disappearing drive belt trick
Hi all,
  so I'm doing some sanding with my Porter Cable 333 VS palm sander and I feel a thump. I look and the pad is free wheeling. I pull the pad off and the drive belt (o ring) is gone. I take the sander apart and don't see it. I check the shop vac , it's not in there either. I ordered a new one, and can sand by hand until it gets here, but it bugs me I couldn't find the broken one. It has to be somewhere but darned if I can find it.
                      O well, I guess this is one of life's little mysteries.
                                                     This is Jim signing off from my wood shop's Bermuda Triangle
-- jbmaine
Mine was translucent, not black. If you are looking for a black O ring, you will miss it.
Thanks Phil,
  I did another search, still no joy.
  I did find a machine screw that I looked for months ago. I'm sure what"s left of the drive belt will turn up someday. Make's my think it's time to give my shop a really good cleaning.
                 Jim
-- jbmaine
What you have (had) there is an evaporating drive belt. When it destructs,  it automatically gets rid of itself, saving those steps to the shop trash can.
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020