Need some quartersawn?
The world doesn't realize how much wood is used!
http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/video/...20Brothers
Jim

THANK OUR MILITARY THAT WE ARE FREE

If I accepted, that'd mean I didn't have any integrity..
AND then I'd meet your expectations as a politician..
Fred Kingston...052708
That is a lot of wood and wonder what will happen when the big ones run out?

I would love to be there just to there to collect some nice scrap wood.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Nice video - nothing like QSWO for flooring, IMHO! Filled my house with it when we remodeled/expanded a few years ago. 3 1/2" wide planks came out of mills in Tennessee and Arkansas. Wish I would've know about Graf back then!

Doug
Frank Miller Lumber in Union City Indiana produces 90,000 bd/ft of QS wood daily, and another 60 to 90K of flat cut lumber a day. Even still FML, and Graf are just small outfits in total wood production. I'm not sure if either would be in the top 100 for production in Canada, and the US, they are just notable in that they produce a lot of QS.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
George, what does Frank Miller charge for QSWO?  I just bought some from my distributer in Clarksville, Tn.

[Image: WoodPrices_zpsuhpcc0hy.jpg]

As you can see, I paid $7.25 bf for 8/4 and $5.65 bf for 4/4 QSWO.  Flat sawn WO was $2.75 bf 4/4; Cherry 8/4 $3.85 and Cherry 4/4 $2.25 per BF.

The QSWO & WO are going into a Morris Chair I'll be building for a grandchild and the Cherry went into the Desk I made for my 9 yo GD.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
Hi Joel

I was going to go over to the fall sale, and didn't make it. My old price list is currently hiding from me, and I'm not sure if it would be correct. Fred might have a current price sheet. Off of past pricing that is a few dollars higher, plus I get 25% off via the WOW discount

IIRC you have family up here somewhere. If you were getting much it would be worth the WOW membership (30 bux), even if you never attended a meeting, and make a trip over if you were in the neighborhood. Since we have moved South of Dayton I don't get there near as much as I used to, but it's still my go to if I need a bigger supply.

If you have storage room then coming up for the fall sale in a U Haul truck could turn you into the local "wood pimp"
Laugh  
Laugh  
Laugh No discount then, but your 8/4 could be $1.25 bd/ft.  QS is usually a bit more, maybe $1.50, $1.75 for Red Oak, maybe 50 cents more for WO & QSWO. PM me in the late Summer if that sounds interesting, I'll fill you in.

GW
Holy Cow those are fantastic prices.  you're right about my daughter & family living in Beavercreek - great memory for an old man.  I will definitely PM you this summer.

Thanks George
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
(12-24-2016, 07:31 AM)Joel H. Wrote: great memory for an old man.  

Hey!!!!! I resemble that comment
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Get in touch. Might be able to stir up Fred.

GW