This person is making great profit on Festool Pro 5 LTD
I just saw this ad on Craigslist.

PRO 5

Paid $ 99   , and he got  $ 50 coupon, the systainer is worth $ 50

Now he is selling for $ 150 means $ 150 profit.

Love America, there is always an opportunity make easy bucks.
These sanders are awesone. Its worth 150. Not selling mine.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

He's making a great profit...

If he sells it.
Semper fi,
Brad

Remember this moment as it will never happen again. A festool item was actually sold for a somewhat reasonable price and it's possible that it may sell seccond hand for more than it cost new. This will never happen again with a festool item and I'm amazed it ever happened. 
   Looks like it was a marketing stunt by festool to try to get non green buyers as future customers. Good try but I don't see it woworking as they hoped.
(12-20-2016, 10:06 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: He's making a great profit...

If he sells it.

Yep, he does have to sell it first....
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(12-20-2016, 11:03 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Yep, he does have to sell it first....
This type of thing happens all the time.  People buy something on sale, and sell it for more.  No big deal.

Also, this guy has the sander listed for still $50 less than what Festool will charge once they make more.  So still a good deal for somebody.
More power to him.  Not unlike anyone who sells anything for a profit.  Saw another Pro 5 LTD on sale on eBay for $230.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(12-20-2016, 01:11 PM)AHill Wrote: More power to him.  Not unlike anyone who sells anything for a profit.  Saw another Pro 5 LTD on sale on eBay for $230.

Yeah, but you probably get the systainer with that one!
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I bought the Pro5 the minute I saw the deal.  Have previously owned the ETS125 and was never too impressed with it compared to other 5" sanders, and these days, I use mainly my ETS150/5 for just about everything.  The larger sander is a joy to use.

But for the deal, I couldn't pass up the new version of the 5" sander.  But the minute I tried it, I found it extremely squirelly to use - darn thing wanted to go all over the place.  And this was not even hooked up to a vacuum.  Not sure what the deal was, though I've heard some Festool sanders need a break-in period, but that sander was sold on CL the next day for $115.  And yes - I kept the systainer - made for a pretty good deal overall.

Too bad, I was looking forward to it as a final finish sander with it's 2.5mm orbit compared to my ETS150 at 5mm.

Julian
I agree with Julian. I did the same thing, I sold my ETS that same afternoon. I was never much a fan of it, but I am less a fan of this new one...and the Black/blue systainer ruin the color scheme too!

I'd sell it too but I'm too lazy to deal with it. I have a 150/5 and 150/3 that do the vast majority of my sanding.
-Marc