NiCad Battery rebuilds?
Wasn't there a guy here who rebuilt NiCad battery packs for cheap?

Anyone remember who it was & if they still do it?

Thanks for any info.
MTO battery

I think that was the one. 

I would ask for a quote and check with a batteries plus if you have one local to compare. 

HTH
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I didn't get much life out of mine.

Too bad, because I planned to get the rest of them done one by one.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
MTO (Jason) has always done a good job for me. It's been several years since I've had a battery done, so don't know about his prices now.
He did have several different quality batteries to choose from.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I think if you had NiCads you can replace them with NiMh and get more run time while still using the same charger.   Something to think about.  Cant swap Nicads with lithium though, that requires a different charging system.
my MTO batteries didn't last that long.  I'm just going with the Chinese batteries from Amazon until I get tired of it. There is no reason they couldn't be replaced with lithium.  Ok, other than the fact that the battery would explode if you put it in the original charger.  But other than that it wouldn't be a problem
I went with the more expensive rebuild at the time.

Did not last long at all.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
Odd. I've got some that was rebuilt 10 years (marked with sharpie) and though they're getting kinda iffy and don't stay charged like they used to, are still usable.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

For what it would cost me for new NiCads, I can buy the LiOn & adapter pack and go with those. The Dewalt drill they go in is only a 3/8" chuck.

I might just go ahead & get a new Dewalt 1/2" chuck drill instead.
Probably donate mine to Habitat for Humanity or some tax write off like that.

Thanks for the replies guys.
I had several done by Interstate Battery and will never use them again.  The batteries only lasted two month and when I brought them back that blamed me and they looked on the bottom to see the date which was only two months and seen the Initials on the bottom of the guy who did them and they said he was no longer there.

I told them I brought them to IB not to the individual and they still said it was my fault and I never used two of the four of them.
Mad
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.