Oak Bookcase
Well after some time, had some health and other issues; I finally got back in the shop and built some projects. Here’s one of them. A bookcase I recently finished in oak. The picture didn’t turn out too good because of the lighting.

[Image: Bookcase_zps3ozngx58.jpg]
It looks good.  Now all you need is 3 or 4 more to complete the wall unit!  :-)

Are the sides and shelves solid wood or ply with oak trim?  Looks good either way. 

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
(12-21-2016, 09:27 PM)Joel H. Wrote: It looks good.  Now all you need is 3 or 4 more to complete the wall unit!  :-)

Are the sides and shelves solid wood or ply with oak trim?  Looks good either way. 

Joel

Could be a wall unit set
Smile  but GF lives in a rented duplex.

The sides, top, bottom and shelves are plywood.  It's made from a single sheet of plywood.
The shelves are edge banded on the front. The case has solid wood face frame and trim.
The back is 1/4" (7/32") plywood.
Looks like the first cousin to a shelf unit I made for a friend (also in tight space--a mobile home).

[Image: shelves_zpstddrmgio.jpg]

His wife insisted on applying the finish herself to match the bench she was finishing.  As of the time I took the photo they had not applied any finish.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.