Grizzly Trim Router w/ Plunge Base
I recently put a post in the Tools forum about the Grizzly T27139 Trim Router with Plunge Base.  Taking my own advise, I bought one; today it arrived.  It sure looks like an amazing little machine for the money.  I bought it on the one day sale for $59, but it's still a bargain at it's normal price or $74.  It's a variable speed, 1 HP motor.  It comes with a stock base with rack and pinion height adjustment, graduated in both English and metric, a plunge base with very smooth action, an edge guide, a roller guide, a 3/8" collet, a dust collection attachment for the fixed base, and even a set of spare brushes. 

If you are looking for a trim router with all the accessories for a very modest price, you will be hard pressed to do better. 

John
John, I'm thinking that pretty soon your entire shop will be sporting Grizzly colors, right?  Ken
Good to hear. I have have been have been wanting another small router. Course Course I have been told I have too many regular ones now only have 8 and only one isn't set up with with a with a bit for fora specific purpose. That's not too many is it? 

I missed the one day deal. I did see the air cleaner cleaner and got got a laugh out out of it. On On the page it says not shippable  to california. I guess prop 65 wasn't enough of a warning for it so they had to ban it from the state entirely. Wonder how big of a problem they have with air cleaner smuggling across the border so woodworkers can get their fix of clean air in their shop since since the state wants to make clean air in shops illegal.
(12-22-2016, 04:23 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: Course I have been told I have too many regular ones now only have 8 and only one isn't set up with with a with a bit for fora specific purpose. That's not too many is it? 

Nah. I sold 2 new in the box I decided I didn't need, and that took me down to 22 routers.
Uhoh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-22-2016, 04:15 PM)Ken Vick Wrote: John, I'm thinking that pretty soon your entire shop will be sporting Grizzly colors, right?  Ken

I have a pure bred mongrel shop, Ken.  Bosch tools and CMS, very high end Ryobi, Delta drum sander, 14" bandsaw and 1954 Unisaw, my new to me MiniMax J/P (a fan favorite), Dewalt RAS and, yes, a Grizzly belt/disk sander and beautiful new bandsaw.  I think Grizzly offers a lot of bang for your buck, but I prefer used machines most of the time, the one big exception being the new Grizzly bandsaw.  And Grizzly's 24 double drum sander is looking pretty good in the near future.  Should be a piece of cake getting it into my basement shop, too, as it's only around 450 lbs.  We'll have no trouble - really. 

Dave Diaman recommended the Grizzly palm router to me.  Looks like it was really good advise.  It's very well made and complete for any money, a true bargain at what they sell it for.  You have plenty of room for two or three, since I know you hate to change/adjust bits.  

John
Stwood, I always thought you were joking when you said that, until I came and visited you. Are you SURE you only have 22 ???

I'll bet there's at least a couple hiding in the bed of the old truck, or in the paint booth.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
I'll do a recount someday.
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That's why I said only 8. Have sold sold a couple that I didn't like a dewalt and a triton. Had a couple old m12v but they are gone to who knows where and I miss those. 

I thought it was a requirement that every time you buy a new special router bit you have to buy a router for it.

What I really need are more router tables. Need to design a double or triple router table. Been stealing ideas from pics of others.
My high school shop class (yeah I'm that old) had 3 shapers set up in a triangle with the backs facing together. Of course I never thought anything about it at the time, but looking back after 20 years it was a pretty good idea.
-Marc

I've got two dual tables and 3 singles. Singles are small older craftsman tables. Portable, and very handy when you need a one off cut
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020