sourcing pre finished ply
I'm looking for pre finished ply similar to this:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/g...48751.html

Don't need 50 sheets though
Smile
Would be happier if it was US sourced also! don't mind the price being higher, but must be good quality
Has anyone worked with high gloos pre finished wood before? any gotchas ?
no permiti el bicho morderte
You will get into the semantics of what they are called. Mostly using MELAMINE PANELS (SOLID COLOR) will get you the widest range of hits. From there it will just be up to what the panel is made of. Many will have a particle board like center, but you may find skinned plywood/MDO/MDF panels too. Expect to pay a lot more for those. Beyond that almost any Plywood vendor, and likely big box stores can special order it in for you.

At one time I had seen Araucoply panels at Menards skinned with a nice thick Melamine outer layer. They had a rainbow of colors available for special order. LOML works at Formica, and they had a display area which was plywood made into cubes, and then Formica covered. The what you wanted to do with it, might drive how you went about getting there.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
When I was reading the specs on that stuff you linked, it appears that one side is melamine, and the other a high UV finish (the colored side). I admit I have no idea where to get it (ot that it even existed) but I suspect that machining it would have to be done carefully to avoid scratching the show side. I've used a fair amount of UV finished ply, and the finish is very tough but I think small scratches would show up prominently on that stuff.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Here you go:

http://www.wurthwoodgroup.com

I buy sheet goods from these folks all the time in small quantities. They have sales outlets all over the Southeast and deliver to my house. Don't know if they are in your area, but they will probably ship to you.
Thanks Hank,
Formica might be too heavy after it's applied, this will be interior on a boat, but the link led me to look at pre finished PSA veneer which I'd not even thought of. That would mean I could likely use the existing cabinetry in places where it is still solid.
Great another evening of exploration ahead of me now
Smile

I did a quick look at formica, they do have the wood effect laminate, and it probably is tougher, but as I said, the weight issue likely puts it to the bottom of my list.

Need to look at large panel veneering as an option
no permiti el bicho morderte
If you have  cabinet maker in the area they will have it or can get it.
John T.
Formica grade 10 (thickest) 0.324 lbs/sqft, Grade 12 (postforming) 0.252 lbs/sqft, grade 20 (thinnest, vertical use)  0.180 lbs/sqft.     Is it too heavy ?   Roly
Vap,

Not sure what excatly you're looking for, but Wurth carries pre finished plywood, you just have to look for it among their many plywood listings.

There must be manufacturers that make marine grade pre finished sheet goods. I've seen it. There used to be a yacht supply house in Charleston that carried a lot of it. It was way more expensive than my budget could handle, but most of it sure was pretty. Unfortunately, they're out of business and I don't have any other leads. I mention this just as a little incentive to keep looking. It's out there. It's just a matter of finding it.

Good luck.

Hank
Most commercial plywood outlets can sell you pre-finished plywood.
The UV cured coating on it is amazingly tough, even pro shops can't match it for durability.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.