Free 36" OLD Iron Bandsaw in MN
I am in the process of cleaning out my shop to attempt to be able to park a car or two in it so this bandsaw has to go.  It is a Central Machine Works 36" bandsaw with wooden wheels!  I replaced the tires when I got it, made a few cuts and afterwards vowed to myself to not use it again until I made guards for it, which I have never gotten around to.  The babbet is good and if wanted I also have a set of pillow block bearings if someone wanted to convert it.  There is no vibration when it is running (might be due to its shear size)  It has several good blades even a new carbide one!  These pictures are from when I cleaned it up shortly after I got it, so just a heads up its dusty now.  In addition to guards, the new owner will also want to make up a better method to mount the motor.  The one requirement is that it goes to a person that will not scrap it.  When I got the bandsaw I had to promise to the gentleman that I wouldn't scrap it and so I pass on that requirement.  Its located by Hutchinson, MN.

[Image: y3mow8HnzjSDQ_7f7dqkB2w7O3hhmdrL2nrr4S8-...pmode=none]

[Image: y3mopEnZDqEzDrfuqEfsWz3NRgIXDGduGxP6UKtB...pmode=none]

[Image: y3mhYEAqHV5R7NazpnAc1fsVrGrVGW8mOm3VoDy8...pmode=none]
Thanks,
Charlie
I just wish I had the building for the vets and I now and it sure would be nice old iron to use there.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
If somehow you have trouble finding a taker here, you should go over to the Old Woodworking Machines forum (owwm.org).
Hi!

What are the dimensions, especially how tall is it?

I am in Chaska

Dietrich
To do is to be (Camus)
To be is to do (Sartre)
Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo (Sinatra)
Hi Dietrich,

Its 92" high with the current blade installed (it can go quite a bit higher as shown in the pics), 62" wide and 33"deep.  Thanks and have a Merry Christmas!!

Charlie
Hi Charlie, 

that's a beast! I would love to have and use this. 

Unfortunately that's too tall for my shop. If it fit, it would bring up the century old question: What would I rather have - a wife or a 36" bandsaw. 

Merry Christmas!

Dietrich
To do is to be (Camus)
To be is to do (Sartre)
Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo (Sinatra)
Our shop may be able to use it; we're in St. Louis Park. PM me or email at masterscabinet@msn.com
I can't imagine this is still available, but if it is, I will take it!  I'll come and get it any time you like

I can not only use it now, but guarantee it will get used for a long time to come.

PM me or email me at wecandothat4u@gmail.com
Unfortunately its no longer available.  I gave it to a local guy that said his Dad was going to use it, then about a week later I saw it on Craigslist... looks like he just wanted to turn a quick buck.  I just hope it didn't get scrapped!

Charlie
That really stinks. You were offering a great piece of vintage equipment, a piece of American history, to someone, for free, with the only caveat being use it, don't scrap it.

That guy putting it in CL was a real jerk move.