Free 36" OLD Iron Bandsaw in MN
(03-13-2017, 04:14 AM)David Knight Wrote: That guy putting it in CL was a real jerk move.

That's an understatement...may that guy burn in hell!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
We all know there are a lot of cheats and dirt bags and it should have been expected, to bad you can not tell anyone who wants to buy it that they got it for free under lying pretense.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I don't wish the guy any ill will, I knew that it was always a possibility that it would end up for sale.  I guess that's the problem with giving stuff away, it doesn't filter out the people looking to make a buck.  It was only listed for a day or two so I am guessing a woodworker purchased it, and if not, well that's what karma is for!

Charlie
I'm a believer in Karma, and that person will get it in the end.

How about posting his contact info so people can ask him about it?
On the one hand I could kick myself. I had asked about it the day you put it up here and ended up not taking it because my shop wasn't high enough. But then ... I am sure it didn't end up with someone who was going to make a bicycle out of the wheels and a toaster out of the rest. Maybe he needed the money to feed his kids. Just thinking.
To do is to be (Camus)
To be is to do (Sartre)
Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo (Sinatra)
I am not surprised it's gone.  I just wish it had gone to someone who would have honored your request.  Like ME!  But oh well.  Hope someone gets it who will enjoy it.

========================

And the more I think about it, it is now in the hands of someone who was willing to pay for it. This probably insures it will be used and appreciated.