turned xmas gifts
fun stuff
a rolling pin for our reindeer race prize.

prize 2
Salt shaker and pepper mill = apple and cherry

Bird house ornaments for my grand kids

a cherry play doh rolling pin
2 deer antler bolt action pens with maple boxes
2 screw drivers, one Ash and and one maple with purple heart
and a cherry tooth pick holder

Nope!  no partridge in a pear tree
Laugh

Hope you all had a fabulous Xmas as I did
Don
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Great work Don a lot of nice stuff there.

What is the reindeer race anyway?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-26-2016, 03:06 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: What is the reindeer race anyway?

It's a game we made up from other games. (like a horse race) involves a numbered race track 13 spaces , a dice to tell how many spaces a wooden reindeer moves down the track , 3 reindeer= Speedy, Steady and Pokey.
Poker chips and a betting sheet. you place chips on the sheet in any amount, on any or all deer. once one deer cross the finish line that heat is over. all three deer are on the track at the same time. chips get paid to the winner. Speedy goes first pays the least odds 2-1 and most likely to win. Steady goes next pays out 3-1. Pokey last, the most odds 5-1 and least likely to win. we run 3 heats and the one with the most chips wins. there is allot of hooting and hollering rooting on the Reindeer. it's allot of fun 
Laugh   People have borrowed the game for party's
Yes
Don's woodshop
So Pokey is the slowest but isn't it the dice that decides how fast they all move?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

That is right, but since the other deer are first their chances of crossing the finish line first are much greater. pokey rarely wins. My wife and my son spent hours with a calculator figuring it out so that the odds make it any ones game to win. It really is the luck of the dice.
Don's woodshop
Really nice stuff and all things I need to try doing.  I'm sure all the recipients were very happy.
(12-29-2016, 03:46 PM)bobs64ford352 Wrote:   I'm sure all the recipients were very happy.

Well that is another story, they are all happy, but apparently my older brother Dennis who won the salt and pepper was trying to trade my niece for the duck box I made that she won last year 
Laugh
So I made another duck box with out telling any one.  but haven't decided how or when I will give it to the BRAT
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Don's woodshop
Don

I was looking at the pen boxes again and wondering how you keep the pens from rattling around?

Those are bolt actions pens and I made the lid just fit the bolt. I think it took 1-1/16" . The point end is smaller and they do rattle on the point end a bit if you shake it. I suppose a person could taper that end. But in reality what difference would it make. your not going to stand there and keep shaking the box. probably end up on a shelf someplace. My thought was it's more fun the turn a box than make a rectangle one
Yes ya know
Don's woodshop
Great job, rolling pin made me think of cookies
Smile