Toilet Fill Problem
Did you bend the rod in an attempt to get it fixed?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Yes the way to adjust those is to bend the rod that holds the bulb. You can make the change to the other type as noted. A real plumbers store will have the one you have but it will be brass. Your choice
John T.
Bend the Rod is a hacks way, should be able to adjust the real/proper way, Screw the ball in or out of the threaded rod it is on and/or the float valve.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

I'm a hack- I bend the rod.  Or, I used to.

I don't use old floaties like that anymore- the rods kept breaking off. 
Uhoh

I agree with this one;

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/ssl_proxy...LU400C.jpg

It also looks like the float could be touching and hanging up on the side of the tank as it rises- screw the float in more if possible.
Call me a hack too then. Did that for many many years and guess what it worked so this hack did OK. So easy to go out and buy buy buy buy buy buy. Try to be a little innovative it works and you save money.
John T.
I have done it to hundreds of toilets and I wish that wasn't true Hack and would be happy to wear the T shirt.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Years ago they sold rods that were bent just a little and in the instructions they also said to bend the rod
The toilet is a year old. The flapper valve isn't aged and isn't the problem. I bent the rod. That made no difference. That's just another way of adjusting the float. The float valve itself is defective. When it's adjusted to fill to the water line on the side of the tank it doesn't shut off all the way. When it's adjusted so it shuts off, there's not enough water to flus everything.
(12-28-2016, 08:01 AM)crokett™ Wrote:   When it's adjusted to  fill to the water line on the side of the tank it doesn't shut off all the way.  When it's adjusted so it shuts off, there's not enough water to flus everything.

I don't care about the "fill here" line, only the overflow. I'd do some more adjusting. I see 2 issues and they are sorta related. #1. It is a sub-builders grade toilet that probably won't ever flush well. 2. There is a leak in the float.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

That's obviously  an old toilet. Don't waste the $ on a filler valve. just go to sams and pick up a new toilet for $80. Dual flush, adult height flushes better than the old 5 gallon ones and even comes with a soft close seat. Has everything needed for install but don't use the wax seal get a silicone seal instead. And the flapper valve is silicone as well. Not a toto but nearly as good and it's cheap.