miter saw in a stand or in a built in miter bench
In my shop a 12" sliding power compound miter is on a bench that is also wood storage, and have a 12" compound on a mobile table that is kept in a barn for rough cutting before going into the shop or for projects around the place. Seriously considering removing the one in my shop, it takes up a lot of real estate.

Recently did a dedicated miter box station (hand powered) and now my in the shop sliding compound miter rarely gets used. Still use the one in the barn for rough processing. Find that most of my miter saw use within the shop is for precise cutting so the dedicated hand miter station fits that bill and I get exercise to boot!

But I'm a non vocational woodworker no real deadlines to meet

Of note is that wish I had the Bosh in my shop it's much more compact and doesn't take 3' of back space to install...and.by all means keep the mobile stand.

Regards,
Andy

-- mos maiorum