My First Clock!
This is the first thing I've built in three years and plowed through it, mistakes and mulligans and all, in two weeks. Cheated in a few places to make it easier, and there are lots of mistakes that show what a rank amateur I am, but my inlaws claim to love it--it's their Christmas present from me.

Now I want to make one for my own home!

Cherry and wipe on poly. It doesn't show well in the picture, but the back board has a lot of curl in it that I didn't know was there until I planed it.

[Image: 20161228_193835_zpsb1zk4ndb.jpg]
Semper fi,
Brad

That's a pretty cool design.  Yours?  In any case, it looks great from here. 

Now get busy and build something else.  Three years is too long to wait for the next project. 

John
It's a Klockit plan and mechanism.

Monday evenings are now my woodworking evenings. Next are some shelves, finish a kitchen table, and some more clocks.

I'll start Christmas gifts next year around...June.
Semper fi,
Brad

Looks like a nice clock.
Very nice, I recognize the plan as I've admired the plan from the Klockit catalog. Once again well done with a beautiful look.
What the Heck, Give it a Try
Your inlaws should like it, it's very nice!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Nice. Have always  wanted to build a grandfather clock but I'd have to find find a home for it afterwards as I don't have have a place for it and really don't want one in the house. (I have a thing against analog clocks) Just enjoy the building part.
looks good Brad
Yes  But now you can't make yours look better than the in-laws
Laugh
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
(12-30-2016, 10:46 AM)Woodshop Wrote: looks good Brad
Yes  But now you can't make yours look better than the in-laws
Laugh

Very funny - but also correct!  Well not really, you learn from your mistakes (mulligans - I like that term much better).  They're very lucky to have it - it's beautiful.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
Job well done. I love clocks and making them is even more enjoyment. Thanks for showing and hope you do more. There are all styles out there and you can always add your touch to them also.
John T.