North Bros. Yankee 1005 Bench Drill
An acquaintance brought me this Yankee 1005 bench drill today, out of a corner where he had it stashed for a number of years.  I don't know much about these, but the bottle-capper assembly on top and the pulley rather than a crank handle are significantly different than any other 1005s I've been able to look at.  Does this look like a set of well-done user-mods some time over the past decades, or is is possibly a different design from North Brothers?  Any insights are appreciated.

Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
I just don't see how that was easier than a brace.  Did they have elect motors yet?
Laugh
This one looks like it was retrofitted with a pulley in place of the crank handle.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
I know the pulley is a replacement for the original crank handle and auto-feed.  What I can't figure out, but also think is a user mod, is the bottle-capper handle on top.  It seems that a PO somehow bypassed the auto-feed drive, mounted a pulley and motor, and turned it into a version of a powered drill press without auto-feed.
Bill
A lot of ingenuity, somewhat misplaced in retrospect.
I remember seeing something similar to this at my great uncle's grist mill,which was powered by an over water wheel.
This could have been run by a leather belt, and water powered. He had two water powered lathes. Those babies could turn logs.
He made some cannon for a field show when my sister and I were freshmen in HS.

Just thought of this as a possibility. Sorry for the ramble.
Wink
There was this Estate Sale a few months back.....

I wish I had the room for either of these two "gems".......or a small lathe..

Just the tip of the iceberg...too. 

Per the OP's drill press......how would you mount that?    On a post?
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(01-01-2017, 07:06 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Per the OP's drill press......how would you mount that?    On a post?

Look at the next to the last photo in the OP.  It mounts onto a bench using the threaded clamp behind the post at the table level.
Bill