Kitchen cabinet doors
I built our doors and drawer fronts out of cherry. I bought the bits from infinity to give their bits bits a try. I used their shaker bits and they work pretty well. Remember cherry needs really sharp bits and don't stop feeding as it burns fast. 

For panels I used 1/4" us made cherry ply from plywoodcompany.com which was a perfect fit in the joint. I wanted A1 ply but it isn't stocked and I'd have to buy buy a pallet of it at over $100 a sheet to get it. Not worth it... 

Make your panels nearly snug and use use a little filler to keep it from moving. Window screen spline works well. 

I clear coated mine with automotive Clearcoat which is great for kitchens. Very durable and easy to clean.
(12-29-2016, 01:38 PM)Aram Wrote:  The cherry ply I have on hand is about 4.9mm. I realize you glue it, so it won't rattle,  but still that's a gap. How to handle?

Thanks again.

Buy cherry veneered mdf in 1/4", good one side. Runs $50.00 a 4x8 sheet normally.  Stays flat, and is 1/4" thick
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Just tagging in. I like making doors too, but just in case it seems too much WalzCraft seems to get the most nods in past threads.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Maybe, but they will not deal with a DIY homeowner.
Marc
Sun City, AZ
I haven't got a Rockler catalog in a long time, but they used to do doors, which were sky high I thought. Not sure if they did drawers or not. OP you might ck there.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

They will sell to anyone, but when you contact them, you can't act like you haven't a clue. If you can speak specifically about sizes, door overlays, and mostly what you want as far as style/model you are less than 10 minutes from, finalizing an order. It's not like you need to present a contractors license over the phone, it's the attitude with which you make contact. Knowledge opens doors all over the country when it comes to a wholesalers desk's.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(03-01-2017, 12:59 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Buy cherry veneered mdf in 1/4", good one side. Runs $50.00 a 4x8 sheet normally.  Stays flat, and is 1/4" thick
Winkgrin

(03-04-2017, 12:06 PM)Steve N Wrote: They will sell to anyone, but when you contact them, you can't act like you haven't a clue. If you can speak specifically about sizes, door overlays, and mostly what you want as far as style/model you are less than 10 minutes from, finalizing an order. It's not like you need to present a contractors license over the phone, it's the attitude with which you make contact. Knowledge opens doors all over the country when it comes to a wholesalers desk's.

Really? That's not what they told me when I called them last month. I got a flat, "No. We only well to contractors."
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
By the way, why is this thread still thriving? The OP already gave up on life, saying that he was (cough) "too busy to build them." YahRight. I believe he has already ordered them from an outside vendor. Wuss.

Big Grin
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
No idea.
Winkgrin
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020