DNA help
I remember reading something here about DNA being changed or something?
Does anyone know what I'm referring to?

IIRC, it was about the manufacturer changing the formulation or something.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks for reading.
Become an ingredient reader.  "Methylated" spirits as in the rest of the English-speaking world, seem to be the way of the future.  Ethanol is used as fuel, you know, so methanol percentage is sometimes very high.  Wear your gloves, it's not stink added to booze any more. 

MSDSs available elsewhere.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(12-30-2016, 06:33 AM)MichaelMouse Wrote: Become an ingredient reader.  "Methylated" spirits as in the rest of the English-speaking world, seem to be the way of the future.  Ethanol is used as fuel, you know, so methanol percentage is sometimes very high.  Wear your gloves, it's not stink added to booze any more. 

MSDSs available elsewhere.
Klean-Strip (not to pick on them, but I just remember this) a few years ago was 45-50% methanol.

A quick check of the new SDS (Safety Data Sheet is the new form of the MSDS, and sometimes with less information on specific ingredients), it gives methanol as 40-60% content.  Can't say if the CAS # is the same on the old and new sheets though.

My biggest complaint about the new SDS is that you often find a statement to the effect "Specific percentage of composition is being withheld as a trade secret."
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(12-30-2016, 10:14 AM)Rob Young Wrote: Klean-Strip (not to pick on them, but I just remember this) a few years ago was 45-50% methanol.

A quick check of the new SDS (Safety Data Sheet is the new form of the MSDS, and sometimes with less information on specific ingredients), it gives methanol as 40-60% content.  Can't say if the CAS # is the same on the old and new sheets though.

My biggest complaint about the new SDS is that you often find a statement to the effect "Specific percentage of composition is being withheld as a trade secret."

You can thank your elected officials for that.  MSDS's used to require a listing of nearly every ingredient in a product.  The new and improved SDS's only require that toxic substances be listed.  You can read some SDS's now and learn nothing about what's in the product.  You can't even find the resin family used to make most finishes now.  Apparently, customers don't need to know that.  

John