Grizzly G0771Z?
A friend is looking at this saw.
[/url]
[url=http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-Hybrid-Table-Saw-with-T-Shaped-Fence/G0771Z]G0771Z

I don't see much feedback on the internet. Any feedback on this machine?

As a reference point, there's a local vintage Uni on CL. No riving knife, obviously, but probably will last twelve hundred years.
Delta Rockwell

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
What the heck is up with the link button?
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
The VA bought me this one

http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-3HP-2...rizzly.com

And I am very happy with it.

However, I do like the fence for that one more. If it is bought I do not thing he will be disappointed
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-30-2016, 06:23 PM)Aram Wrote: What the heck is up with the link button?

It works
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I bought a G1023 well over 10+ years ago, never had a problem. Since then I've purchased several other floor machines, they all work great. I have no reservations of buying Grizzly. No reason to think this one won't serve him well.
Jim
The Unisaw is the better built saw, IMO, but the fence is likely much nicer on the Grizzly, and it comes with a guard, which is missing or at least not shown on the Uni.   If the price were a couple hundred lower on the Unisaw I would buy it and spring for a Vega Pro fence.  The other main difference is the Grizzly is left hand tilt while the Unisaw is right hand.  I like my RT Unisaw but many folks think LT is better.  Both have the same 2 HP motor rating which is plenty of power for hobby use.  Mine only has a 1.5 HP motor and cuts anything I ask of it.  

At equal price - the Grizzly.  For a little less, however, the Unisaw.  

John
A Unisaw and a hybrid saw is sort of an apples to oranges comparison, but there are pros and cons with both.  The Uni is obviously the more robustly built saw, but the old jetlock fence is nothing to write home about, so is something you might want to upgrade going forward....something like the Delta T3 from HD would set you back another $193, but you could probably sell the jetlock fence for $50-$75 to offset some of that expenditure.  Also, there's no warranty and no riving knife on this one.

The G0771 was new within the last couple of years, and immediately go some negative feedback for the original lower grade fence.  The new G0771Z offers a fence upgrade.  Cabinet mounted trunnions, cast wings, riving knife, warranty, and full enclosure make it a compelling deal IMO for a new 120v saw in this price range.   
Which one floats your boat?
Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....