Milwaukee 6470-21 10-1/4" Circular Saw question
Just arrived at my doorstep a few hours ago:  Milwaukee 6470-21 10-1/4" Circular Saw

Unwrapped and checked it all out. Am surprised to see the aluminum shoe has a gradual curvature and not flat like all other circular saws.  The curved plate is about 1/8- 1/4" "higher" (Convex) in the center than towards the front and back edges.  Sent an email to Milwaukee for follow-up but it is late Friday and the weekend so do not expect any answer for many days. 
So, wandered down to the Home Depot store where I had ordered the saw online.  The Milwaukee is not stocked at the store but they do stock the Skill 10-1/4" Circular Saw. The skill has the same shaped aluminum shoe, curved front to back, exactly the same as the Milwaukee. So, now my guess is the curvature is factory designed but I do not see any advantage in a curved shoe.

So.............any users here of the 10-1/4" Circular Saws and are your shoes as curved as mine?   Thank you!!!
I have an older Milwaukee 10-1/4" saw and it's base is flat. I can't imagine where a curverd base would be useful. Send it back.
Mine is fairly old, has the stamped steel base. I checked and it's flat.

The only thing I can see the convex base being done for is to minimize resistance when cutting. That saw isn't exactly light.

IMO, it doesn't hurt anything, your not cutting dados with it.

Ed