Good bye to an old friend
My Craftsman shop vac was over 30 years old when the motor burned out this week. Served me well. That's when things were made in USA with pride. Hopefully my new one serves me the same.

Bought a Shop Vac 14 Gal  6.5 HP, a few less attachments, hopefully the old ones will fit.

Jim
Jim
You'd think there'd be a warranty.   
Uhoh
that's pretty impressive.  I suppose some of the better ones built today will last that long, but nothing made by shopvac.  The on off switch on mine has never worked properly
The unfortunate thing about today's shop vacs is that they all have some form of circuit board which is a weak point for longevity.  I too, had an old Craftsman that ran for close to 15 years.  The best I have been able to do with Ridgid shop vacs is 3 or 4 years.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
I have a Craftsman vac that is nearing 20 years old now-built like a tank.
I've got a ShopVac that is about 31 years old now. On it's second motor now.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I also have a Craftsman vac about 20 or 21 years old.

Part of me wishes it would die so I can justify replacing with a vac that doesn't sound like a 737 taking off. The other part of me wonders how many more decades I can get from it.

With one moving part it'll likely last longer than me.

Mike
Yea! The Craftsman was built like a tank and as loud as one. Only had to replace the brush attachment and 1 of the wands. I had to keep the brush attachment because the shop vac doesn't have one. If I get 5 - 10 years with the new one since I only paid $100 for it. Even though I'm sure I paid a lot less for the Craftsman. It certainly spoiled me.

Thanks for joining in.

Jim
Jim
Older isn't always better. That's what my wife keeps telling me.

Oh wait- now I get it!
Angry

Laugh
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020