Looking for a locking hinge
I'm making some table leaf extensions for a dining table and I want to store them in the table when it's closed. The existing table has an apron and I want the new leaves to mimic that but I also want them to fold so they are more compact for storage.

I need some hinges that will stay locked or rigid at 90deg but will be stay relatively flat when closed--like butler's hinges.

My google-fu isnt working. What should I be looking for?

Thanks,
Paul
Never mind. Going a different way about it. Going to use a regular hinge and rare earth magnets.

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/projec...ning-table
That was going to be my suggestion.

I am making a set of folding breakfast trays, reproductions of the ones used in the Downton Abbey tv series. They have a very cool wooden spring that locks the legs open and holds them flat to the bottom when closed. 

This could be adapted for your leaves as well, but the magnets are a lot less work. If you want to talk about how the wood spring system works, let me know, I will be happy to show you.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Hardware Source

Gonna depend a lot on total weight to be supported
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW