What have I got here
Photo 
I got a gift of these... and cleaned the grime off... and this what I found.

Dividers are ------     SARGENT 6 Made in USA.

Inside measuring calipers(?), about the same size as the dividers, are ------      BROWN&SHARPE MfG CO PROVIDENCE R.I. U.S.A

Folding, brass bound wooden rule 12" with (inside measuring) brass extender, ------    UPSON NUT Co. No. 82 1/2

I would like to know from when are these tools.... and if they have a collector value?

Thanks, g.

[Image: DSC_0997.JPG]

[Image: DSC_0998_Crop.jpg]
Just a WAG, but 40's-50's, don't know about the rule.  Collector value, well, not much if any, these are users, so use them!

Welcome to the forum!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Welcome. I would put them a little earlier. Not by anything on the tools ,but when machinists used them. I've used inside calipers to set my rip fence. The dividers are deluxe, they both lock and have a fine adjustment.
A man of foolish pursuits
It's often very, very hard to tell age of a tool, unless you've got one on which the logo changes over time are known, something that's true of Stanley tools, for instance.

Companies still make, and machinists still use, inside calipers.  You can find Brown and Sharpe history online (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_%26_Sharpe is the easy one, but there are other histories, too). I think, alas, it may have been a while since B&S made its fine tools in the U.S. Good thing there are lots of them around still. Their center head is superior to Starrett's.

Stanley was still making wood folding rules with calipers into the 60s, if I recall correctly, though I imagine the sales were way down from the heyday of such tools.  According to this online history, Upson Nut stopped producing rules in 1922: http://thepatriotwoodworker.com/topic/14...on-nut-co/.  So you've got, anyhow, a "not later than" date.  Not many people still find these useful, but there are some folks, and I hope I haven't just poked the bee's nest.
Hi G;
Welcome to the forum!
Skip