Tote for tools
Everyone has seen the tote Roy Underhill has carried around for years.    I decided, for some reason, I needed a tote to carry a few tools to places like my Daughter's house, when she needs something built or fixed back up.   

Decided I didn't like nailed together carry-alls.    Something that will get tossed around a bit, needed something better than nails.   I also wanted to carry things like a full length handsaw.   I had a slab of white oak, I could use as a floor for the tote.   It would hold up better than just old pine.    I picked up some new Pine boards, to make the sides and the handle.    More for weight than anything else.   A few pictures ( I hope) of what came out of the shop....

Kind of a sideways view,  yes, those are through dovetails

Details of the floor and handle.   Edges of the floor were beveled to match the sides, floor push into place, and nailed off all the way around.

Handle is set into a dado, Then a couple nails added.    Tote will carry a full sized handsaw.

I think the sides splay out at about 22-1/2 degrees?   1/2" through dovetails were actually easy to handcut for this project. 

I made the angled cuts  and the ends of the boards first, then marked the dovetails square to the angled ends. 

Only Problem with this tote?    It fills up way too fast.  
Wink
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
That's great work!   And I see you don't need a boutique bench to do excellent work... makes me feel better
Smile

Chris
Chris
Does your wife let you work in the kitchen????  Mine does but never knows. 

Always wondered about Roy's choices sometimes.
Tote was in the Kitchen, to have a "photo shoot" done.    I would get shot IF I tried to do such work in the Kitchen. 

Clamping this thing for a glue-up was a royal PITA...

Way too many angles to try and keep a clamp or 8 in place.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Great project. Well executed.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
I made a couple of smaller totes for people a while back, and unfortunately I inherited the one I made for my mom.  It's really handy, maybe I should make a longer one. I forget if I got the idea from Roy, or from one that an Aunt had.  I also made some square sided totes of a very similar design that I thought came out really well.