To all of Woodnet--Ever felt incapable?
Yesterday there was a deposit in my PayPal account from Woodnet, thought it was a mistake, so sent the sender a response asking if it was mis-sent. His response was Merry Christmas!

My stomach came up to my throat, and created a huge lump, and I was speechless.....never have l been more humbled, and believe me its beyond my capacity to explain the emotions, or the gratitude.

There are many more worthy, and many more in greater need, so this is hard for me.....Personally have great faith in God, there is no doubt I would not be here today if it were not so.

Psalms 91 is known to many in the military as the "Warriors Psalm" and during the first Gulf War, my Chaplain gave me a leather copy of the New Testament with Psalms, he had highlighted Psalms 91. At that time neither him nor I could have known that I would carry that Bible in several wars, and that it would be in my pocket on the day that ended my military career.....

This year has been a blessing, can't say it's the "best year" since being wounded only because my wife has been with me during some horrific days since, so any year she is here is my "best" year". However from the standpoint of receiving gifts and friendship form those I've never met, this has to be the "best year"!

Have been working on a more handicap accessible shop for years, one that can accommodate a wheelchair, not confined yet, but have to use a wheelchair for general locomotion, so all my designs are done with a wheelchair in mind.

Have to depend on others for all my heavy lifting so work is slow and expensive, but I now have a pole barn (horse barn) that houses my new wood shop. The roof leaks a little, never in the same place ;-) and doesn't yet have wiring ran for the sub panel, but it has a wood flooring and is marvelous, my place of solitude and enjoyment. Spend most of my days there when physically able.

The entrance is an enclosed ramp with double 36" doors, did not have the funds to install new doors, so used a couple of old reclaimed ones as a temporary fix. They are literally falling apart, and won't close all the way, and hard to open yada, yada, yada...

Thanks to all of you new doors are going to be installed! This is a double blessing, because I can't take the cold, not even the cold of south Texas ;-)

Excuse my ramblings, really am incapable of expressing my gratitude in a worthy manner.....

God bless all involved, you are welcomed in my shop, always,

Andy

Administrator: Not sure where to post this for the greatest dissemination, so please move or re-post if necessary.
I think you expressed, Thank You, very well.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Andy

Before I got hurt I was one of the Proud guys who ALWAYS help and did not like to ask others for help.  After the bombing the pride was bigger to swallow then Crow anytime.  I had to learn to ask for help from many people before I got one person to help.

Do not learn my lessons the hard way ask for help ASAP and someone will come.

That is what the Christmas Auction here is all about is doing for our own and that you are. 

Hope you get Power soon to.
Yes   Two years ago my mobile AC went out and the WoodNet sent me the funds to get a new on in the window and it is still working great.

If I can ever help you with advise Please just ask!!
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
God bless you, Andy.  You deserve it.  Thank you for your service! I served 11 years active duty in the Army and another 9 in the Reserves before retiring.  Never served in a combat zone, so I never was exposed to the scars of battle.  I pray you will continue to get stronger and keep that Bible close.  I hope your shop gets up and running sooner than later.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
+1
Andy,
Yes it is a humbling experience to receive help from this auction.
I received help a few years back after I was flooded and was in the process of rebuilding my home.
I am always on the lookout for items through out the year just to sell in the Christmas auction.
I feel it is my way to pay it forward to others.

It always works on paper!
It was a tough subject for you, but you expressed yourself very well, very well indeed.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Andy,
I always like your posts, and your attitude is an inspiration.  I was badly affected by my one brush with war, which was obviously much easier than yours.  Seeing people like you making your way through life with a positive attitude has really helped me readjust and do what I needed to do to redirect my life. I can't think of a more deserving recipient.
I'm glad to hear that WoodNet could help. I'm proud of you folks!

To answer your question in the title, yes, I've felt incapable a lot. Especially as a father of five, it's become a very familiar feeling. Psalm 91 is a favorite of mine. He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High...

We'd love to see anything that comes out of your shop if you'd care to post pictures.

Happy New Year!
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop