Craftsman 19.2 Lithium battery questiion
Question 
I was recently shopping for Craftsman 19.2 volt Lithium batteries. But i am confused they make three. The xcp is the most expensive but is for outdoor use.
xcp= extreme core performance.  Any insight people could share on these three variants. The most expensive is the XCP.
I don't see a third 19.2v lithium battery just the compact and the XCP.    Those two are both lithium batteries but have different capacities as far as tool run time.  The other 19.2v battery is a nicad type battery. 
 The both lithiums are better in outdoor temperatures than the nicad .    While the C3 tool does not care if it is lithium or nicad, the charger does.    If you are planning to use your existing charger you will need to go with that type of battery.   The lithiums seem to hold their charge longer in both use and storage than the nicads.  
 Before buying 2 new batteries and a charger check the prices of a set with a new drill, it may be cheaper.     You need to weigh the cost vs benefits.    Roly
Jack

I got the same one but in a package deal with the impact drill.  I really like them and last longer then my DeWalt did.

Also the other one is just the NiCad and mine wore out pretty quickly and charged it quite often but I am thinking because so many of the guys were using it at once. They do not make them anymore tho.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Both the regular one , and the xcp come in compact  , and high capacity . Four choices .
Points were about to expire .... The jigsaw was on sale for 39 . I ended up getting it for 13 dollars shipped . My corded Dewalt might see a little less use .
Best time to stock up on batteries is BF .

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(01-04-2017, 07:10 PM)fishhh4 Wrote: Both the regular one , and the xcp come in compact  , and high capacity . Four choices .
Points were about to expire .... The jigsaw was on sale for 39 . I ended up getting it for 13 dollars shipped . My corded Dewalt might see a little less use .
Best time to stock up on batteries is BF .

Not for the high capacity batteries for the C3 line.  I have been watching so that I could add to the LiOn C3 batteries I already have, and the past two, if not 3 BF's Sears has not had their high capacity (4 amp hour) battery on sale.  Even then, the Ryobi  high capacity batteries were a better deal @ 2 batteries for $99 rather than 1 battery for $89 for the Craftsman C3.  Since I have some dead nicad C3 Batteries and HD still has some two packs of the Ryobi's left, I am considering seeing if I can convert the Ryobi's over to the Craftsman C3.  It appears that all I'd have to do is remove the plastic top's off the Ryobi's and remove the prongs, then solder on the C3 prongs assembly and the C3 plastic top should fit with no modifications (I have looked at the Ryobi's pretty thoroughly in the store and checked out some Youtube videos of folks fixing the Ryobi batteries).  Now with Sears seriously looking like they will be going out of business, I may finally pull the trigger and give it a shot.

Paul
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
Okay, I'll bite. What is "BF"?
You are entitled to your own opinions. Just not your own facts.
(01-11-2017, 09:44 AM)law_kid Wrote: Okay, I'll bite. What is "BF"?

The day after Thanksgiving.
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
I find brand new lithium unopened ones in the boxes at pawn shops cheap. Must be an item people shoplift also ace single hardware chisels in new packages
The reason is the pawn shops price them all the same so I buy the doubles and the xcp. Cost is usually $39 or less. They run all the 19.2 craftsman tools which are all over the place cheap with no battery or charger perhaps people gave up on them due to poor nicad life. I am a buyer of most new in the box items in the tool department a pawn shops at deep discount. I frequently give the items away at christmas I wish I understood the websites for breaking the pawn codes but I make low offers and they say we have more than that in it!
Wink