Kitchen Island from recycled products.
Some wood flooring I bought in May at an estate sale was put to use building this small kitchen island. The maple butcher block top is the last leftover piece of a table I bought at an auction at a bakery some 15 years ago. The granite surface plate from another auction. I weighed it today, 125 pounds, took it to a local granite shop and they polished it up for me.  Took me 1.5 hours to get the granite in the house and in to the table, most of the time was getting it off the kitchen floor on to the countertop and then in the table(without damaging anything.

This is pretty cool. Love the rustic feel with the polished stone.

I presume the granite is hard on knives, so is it mainly a trivet for hot pots and so on, or am I wrong about chopping on stone?
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Stone is for cooling pots and pans, cookies.