Cyanoacrylic glues
This is probably  a dumb question (consider the sourse) but are there differences in the CA glues?  IOW are Super glue and Krazy glues the same as the more expensive cyanoacrylic glues?   I know some of the CA glues come in different viscosities,,but are the more expensive ones a better product?  Thanx.
Lots of differences but the main difference is how well its distilled. My favorite is from balsausa very good quality and fair prices.
There are variations in viscosity and cure times.  

My doctor advises me that the "liquid bandages" are just cyanocrylic glues and that they are all sterile.  In the winter when the skin on my fingertips crack open I paint the breaks in the skin with the cyanocrylic glues and they heal quickly.  

This company offers both fast and slow cure versions.

https://www.dymax.com/index.php/adhesive...oacrylates
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I use the Super T from Lee Valley,the one with the yellow label.I tried Gorilla and was not impressed with it.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
ask this in the wood turning forum as well.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
I think the FastCap kit is a good value.

The accelerator is the key.
Yes, there are differences.  The more expensive ones are better quality, and they offer different viscosities and some even offer more flexibility when cured vs. "regular" CA.  The application will determine whether you want to spend the extra money for quality CA.  Just realize from a strength standpoint, CA doesn't even come close to PVA or epoxy.  It's not gap-filling, either.  Turners use CA to stabilize punky wood, seal cracks, repair blowouts (mixed with wood dust), and also as a pen finish.  For the most part, the brands sold through the major woodworking outlets (Rockler, Woodcraft, Lee Valley, Tools for Working Wood, etc.) are the higher quality brands.  There are those in the turning world that have preferences.  I'm a turner, and I don't have a particular preference, other than to say that the brands you get in those really small bottles from the BORG and Walmart are the cheaper stuff.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I must be using it wrong. The only thing I can get stuck together with the stuff are my fingers and even then it wears off.
Big Grin

I do keep it in the shop so it looks like I know what I'm doing.
I do some scrolling and CA glue comes in really handy for several scrolling related gluing tasks.  I typically use regular Loctite brand glue, in the gel form, but often wondered if I should try the woodworking specific brands.  Not sure what it would gain me though, as I don't have too many problems with the cheapie stuff from the BORG.  I only use it for specific applications that don't require any real sheer strength or flexibility.  So far it has worked OK.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(01-05-2017, 02:43 PM)Bill Wilson Wrote: I do some scrolling and CA glue comes in really handy for several scrolling related gluing tasks.  I typically use regular Loctite brand glue, in the gel form, but often wondered if I should try the woodworking specific brands.  Not sure what it would gain me though, as I don't have too many problems with the cheapie stuff from the BORG.  I only use it for specific applications that don't require any real sheer strength or flexibility.  So far it has worked OK.

ive been using bob smith industries gap filling instacure( purple label) for quite a few years to glue fretwork to backers. I don't know if if youd gain anything, but a 2 oz bottle is $10 ish shipped from amazon and that lasts me quite a while.