Vase Made Of Pencils
what do you guys think?  I have been toying with the idea of something similar, but made out of wood scraps and/or some aluminum drill chaff I have.

i think it's pretty fun stuff to play around with.  
Yes 

i made a little tea light candle holder thingy with red and green colored pencils and red oak  --  sorta looks like a little carousel.  
Big Grin 

i also got some copper and aluminum craft sheets and used those for some inlays, and some aluminum foil . . . just fun stuff to play around with.

oh, and nothing fell apart!  
Big Grin
I was expecting a pic- instead, I was asked to think.   
Angry  
Laugh

Colored pencils may not glue together well unless you strip the glued sides.  They might lose the lead during turning. Very soft wood too.

I want to try wood and metal laminated together. Haven't figured out how to fasten them together yet.
Look on Pinterest. I've seen this before and it may describe how to make it.
Don
Ever since I seen Tim Yoder do it last year I have been looking for some pencils that were cheap by the hundreds.  I did find an ebay one for 360 but do not remember the price something like $27.

I like the idea of adding the aluminum to it.  Do you have a picture of the sides?  How did you keep the lead in the pencils?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I've done pencils and they're kind of a pain.  Get the flat sided ones, not the round ones.  I've thought about gluing up other stuffs but haven't gotten to it yet.
Take a big pile of pencils and cast them in resin in a pressure pot. Works great. It hardens them pretty well, and everything holds together. It ends up polishing well, too.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
I think Peter has done that I don't know how to search for it though

Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

kinda crappy pic, but here's some aluminum and shedua.  aluminum was scuffed-up, and used CA to glue everything up.  
Yes
(01-05-2017, 09:38 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I like the idea of adding the aluminum to it.  Do you have a picture of the sides?  How did you keep the lead in the pencils?

I haven't done this yet. I'm not sure how he didnt blow out the lead, maybe sharp tools and light cuts.