Had a go at making ornaments
Turns out these are fun to make.  Great use of scrap!

[Image: 32098072256_fdb57b61af_c.jpg]
[Image: 26749816.jpg]

Lots of folks like the birdhouse type.  Yours look good, except ....

Note how unobtrusive the cotter key hanger is.  Steel or brass, your choice.  I do the more traditional globe and icicle type. Have to be hollowed for weight reduction if you're using a natural tree.  Not critical on an artificial. They come in at 1/2-1  oz or so ideally.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Frank

I really love the double twig on the one.  Looks like it is a Family house.
Yes
Laugh

Like MM said I now use cotter keys on the three I made and I did not do a cost check in it but had them from long ago.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks fellas, I look at cotter pins for future ones.
Nice looking ornaments,Frank,now you have a new addiction,so let's see some more.
Yes
Yes
Yes

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
http://www.michaels.com/bead-landing-eye...ns&start=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDRrLnlsx-w
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

Frank

I forgot to ask where did you get the blue and green plywood stuff at?  Also on the hooks I think they look good with some things like the bigger bird houses about 6" like that where a cotter pin would look small and out of place.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Yak

Thanks for the link and I like those a lot better, however, I like the bling of gold so looked that up on the site and it is on Clearance 230 for $1.49.

Hope they take paypal.

Hey Arlin

The multi-colored ones are bits of Spectraply left over from bottle stoppers and such.
My grandkids would love if I made them some ornaments form that.  Do they have pink, purple, and blue?

Do they ever go on sale?

Thanks