Popular Woodworking
I still subscribe to it as well as FWW and a couple of others. It also comes as a pdf, but a whole issue on pdf is not very helpfult. I find no use to save magazines in print or in pdf because you can't find what you want when you want it. It is helpful to save only  articles on particular subjects and then only if cataloged by subject matter.  To avoid clutter, I scan and file the articles I like in my computer and then discard the magazine. It is a bit time consuming, but saves trying to find  articles on a particular subject when relevant to what I need them for. 

Best of all is FWW, because you can join online and download the articles and catalog them in your computer by subject matter.
I don't know what computer platform you are using, but on a Mac it is a simple process to use the Preview.app to copy pages from a PDF and create new PDF documents. I'm certain a Windows PC can do this also, but I'm not familiar with that process. Sure beats scanning physical pages from a magazine, and the document quality is better as well.
Greg Jones, thank you. I haven't found anything, but will google and see. Bill
Take a look at Evernote for clipping articles. Ever word gets indexed and you can add your own tags.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I see the same thing in other magazines I subscribe to.  I do think digital has something to do with it, but honestly I also think a lot has to do with the quality of editing in both content selection and style.  Many of the new editors put a focus on style over content.  I go back and read old issues and the individual articles have more content in them vs many of the more recent ones that have more photos and graphics/layout.  Almost like reading a PowerPoint instead of a book.
Excellent point and concisely put.
-Marc

(01-08-2017, 10:39 PM)Bill Lyman Wrote:  To avoid clutter, I scan and file the articles I like in my computer and then discard the magazine. It is a bit time consuming, but saves trying to find  articles on a particular subject when relevant to what I need them for. 

Free for home use PDF Copy Paste software is pretty easy. As with moving or converting any files. especially if they have large amounts of KB's, MB's and such, more memory is a very good thing
Yes  
Yes

Even the best software can be slow if your system is overloaded, add RAM any time you can.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
If you go to YouTube and search "woodworking", you'll get over 1,000,000 videos. Even if 90% off them are crap, that's still 100,000 quality videos you can learn from. People are getting their info in new ways these days. Magazines are dying.
It isn't just WW magazines.   I used to be able to keep the furnace going all winter on Shutterbug and Computer Shopper.  
Raised
I pay $10 a year for wwj and wood. Wood i think i have till 2019. No way i am dropping 8.99 for one at a store. Not sure what i gave for fww. Pw is thin these days i agree. 360 will be a tough one to last too i bet. Youtube is crushing things.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.