What would ya get?
If you found yourself with about $2000 extra cash to spend on your shop what would you buy?

I know everyone's wants and needs are different but it'd be interesting to hear what other people would buy for themselves.

My short list:

Dovetail jig (in progress)
HVLP spray system (still researching)
A good RO sander
New router table set up
Bosch Glide miter saw (have an old Delta 10", no slide, time to upgrade)
I noticed that a lathe was conspicuously absent from your list, and if you don't already have one, it really does introduce a whole new range of possibilities (figure some tooling as well).  On the slider miter saw, I've never been a fan of those, and find my 12" Bosch does everything I want to do.  I know this is a power tool forum question, but getting a good set of 4 or 5 chisels and a good premium block plane (i.e., LV, LN, etc.) would not be something you regret.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Saw Stop
"Feedback is the breakfast of champions"

good quality Raw lumber mostly...
Jet Tools is running a 15% off sale right now. A couple of years ago I moved up to an 8" helical jointer and a 15" helical planer. Lot of money but so glad I did!
Drill press.
Makes vertical holes, evenly spaced, correct depth, can use forstner bits, and more
(01-06-2017, 09:58 AM)Admiral Wrote: I noticed that a lathe was conspicuously absent from your list, and if you don't already have one, it really does introduce a whole new range of possibilities (figure some tooling as well). 

A Lathe would be farther down on my list under the "Some Day" heading. I've never turned anything and the projects I have on my list for the foreseeable future do not involve any turnings. Learning to turn is on the bucket list but with a FT job and 2 kids in various sports/activities it'll have to wait.
Dust collection & air filtration. Hands down.
And a really nice bandsaw.
(01-06-2017, 10:43 AM)Herb G Wrote: Dust collection & air filtration. Hands down.
And a really nice bandsaw.

^^^^^^^if you don't already have those.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I'm at the point in my shop where I have pretty much all the tools I need. (Whether that is a good thing or not is a matter of debate) About the only things I haven't upgraded is my miter saw and dust collector. If $2000 fell in my lap I'd get the biggest cyclone that would fit the budget. I ran 6" metal duct in hopes of planning for the future so I should be good there. So my answer is a cyclone.
-Marc