What would ya get?
Unless you are only going to use hand tools you will need a Dust Collector then I would say a bandsaw and whatever after that.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I'd pour a new floor. I have canyon like cracks...insulation if there's any left over.

Or buy materials toward a 12x24 detached shop.

Or give it all to LV/LN. 

Hmmm...nice problem to have.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Since my stationary tooling is at the limit of my available space, it would be spent on cabinets to cover every open wall space.

And maybe some hand planes. And lumber. Always need more lumber.
Semper fi,
Brad

Only for a shop?

I have all I need for now. I guess if it were thrown in my lap,  I'd get Scott that new floor.
Wink
Ceiling insulation.
Nordfab
Mezzanine materials
Skyjack man lift

Prob need a bit more than $2k

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Since it's actually below freezing tonight and my basement shop has gotten to the low 60's I'm revising my earlier answer...heat. I'd get heat.
-Marc

About 5 years ago I got 2000 as Christmas bonus, went to powermatic 3520b, Except now need another 2k to fill the vortex.
Bob
I've already got the major machinery, and I don't really like buying new as I prefer buying at auction or estate/garage sales. So if $2000 fell into my lap I'd buy a Domino and a MIG welder.

If you're asking for auggestions on how to spend $2000, you should give us a list of the machinery you have already otherwise we're shooting in the dark.
(01-06-2017, 05:53 PM)daddo Wrote: Only for a shop?

I have all I need for now. I guess if it were thrown in my lap,  I'd get Scott that new floor.
Wink

Well, thanks for the thought.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
This sounds a little odd, but I really need to just order supplies, such as sanding belts, paper for the drum sander, etc.  I've just kind of let that stuff slide, and I know it will bite me sometime.  I guess I need to do a running list and sometime just order it.

I could also order some space and cleaning, maybe one would help the other.  Both my fault.

A little more ambition would be nice, I tend to slack a little as I get older.  I do get inspired when I finish or get a good start on a project.