Craftsman/Shaker style door casing
I live in a typical 60's/70's ranch with the typical lack of architectural character of any kind.  I replaced all of the interior doors with BORG hollow core colonial raised panel doors with attached colonial casing when they were on sale and i used a 10% coupon to get what I thought at the time was a great deal.   But my taste has since changed and the look for the colonial casing is really bothering me and I want to replace it with a Craftsman/Shaker style casing.  I found this image: http://www.thriftydecorchick.com/2013/04...-trim.html which looks about what I want.  Does anyone have something similar?  Will this look horrible with the colonial raise panel doors until I replace the doors sometime in the future?  

BTW:  I need to replace all of the moulding and casing because I recently removed several layers of old flooring and installed hardwood maple.  The moulding is now 1/2" above the finished floor and I don't want to cover the gap with shoe mould.
It might not look horrible, but will you be able to get away with just swapping the doors in the future without having to rework the new casing or jamb?  Different door manufacturer, different hinge spacing maybe.  I had a helluva time finding the local supplier my deceased builder used for his doors.  BORG doors spacing was different.   I'd wait myself.
I doubt it would look horrible. Horrible would be a door that the casing was removed from and forgotten.
Big Grin

I would not be too concerned with the slab replacement down the road in the existing jambs you can buy slabs that are untouched. So  as long as you are doing the work yourself and do not mind fitting, hinging and boring latch holes in the original positions you can make them fit to the existing jambs. The one thing you have going for you is that the existing slabs have all the information built right into them.  

My suggestion: do the casing on the  interior side of one door in a little used room as a test for look........ the worst thing that happens is someone hates it and you have to remove it and put up the original casing you removed with care
Wink  and you are out a few bucks and some shop time making it

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

give it a shot.  

Link to the original instructions, family handyman

note each section has multiple pictures so click the dots.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
Try this...

“It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost.”  ― Murray N. Rothbard